Random sets of 4 chimes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asovxo

Reaction score
About 3 days ago my 2018 Chevy Equinox LT started randomly inconsistently chiming in sets of 4. Sometimes they are one right after another, others with minutes in between. There’s some drives I have without it chiming at all.
There is no new indication lights or alerts that show on the dash, I’ve removed everything off all other seats in the car and even tried fastening the seatbelt in the passenger’s side.
There has been an alert that I have had come up for the last 3 weeks when shifting into reverse that says ‘Service Park Assist’. But can’t wrap my head around any correlation if the chiming just started. I even tried turning off all of the safety features like the park assist, lane departure, etc.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Moonwink

Reaction score
Have you tried having it "scanned" for trouble codes with a good code reader? That's the best place to find out what it's trying to tell you.

asovxo

Reaction score
Have you tried having it "scanned" for trouble codes with a good code reader? That's the best place to find out what it's trying to tell you.
I’m thinking that’s my only option now, thank you!

gmfigtree

Reaction score
About 3 days ago my 2018 Chevy Equinox LT started randomly inconsistently chiming in sets of 4. Sometimes they are one right after another, others with minutes in between. There’s some drives I have without it chiming at all.
There is no new indication lights or alerts that show on the dash, I’ve removed everything off all other seats in the car and even tried fastening the seatbelt in the passenger’s side.
There has been an alert that I have had come up for the last 3 weeks when shifting into reverse that says ‘Service Park Assist’. But can’t wrap my head around any correlation if the chiming just started. I even tried turning off all of the safety features like the park assist, lane departure, etc.
Has anyone else had this problem?
I had something similar on my 2018 Equinox L T, it said something very similar to what you're getting. I took mine to the dealership where they said there was a software upgrade to the blind-spot system. They also said there was another sotware upgrade for the park assist, that was updated as well. I've never had an issue with either one since.

Members online

Latest posts