Problems for 6+ months

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dog_mom

Reaction score
I have had a problem with my 2018 Chevy Equinox for over 6 months now. In and out of the shop, never fixed.

The problem: Car will start up, instantly shaking, vibrating from the engine like it's going to stall (never does). When you try to move the car, the following lights come: check engine light will flash, I believe it's the stabilitytrak light and traction control light. Here's the problem, it's a sporadic problem. Car will run fine for 2 weeks, then it will happen. Car will run fine for 3 days, then it will happen. No reason. Sometimes you can make it home, sometimes i have to tow it cause i cannot get enough power from the engine. No leaks. No known issues other than this. I can literally drive home with it happening, turn off the car. Sleep and wake up and the problem is gone. That's how sporadic it is. When it fist started happening we could turn off the car for 30 minutes and it would go away. Now it last longer and longer each time it happens.

We have fixed:
cylinder 1
replaced one coil
replaced all spark plugs
replaced fuel injector 1
ran fuel injector cleaner multiple times
Put in a new gas line
new throttle body

Nothing helps. It will go to the shop for 3 weeks. pick it up, running great, then it happens again like nothing was ever fixed, and then i'm back at the shop. We think it might be a bad sensor, just because the car runs PERFECT when it's not happening. But when it happens, its basically undrivable.

Please. 6 months. 3 different shops. Any suggestions would help. I've googled all i can with no luck. Thank you!

Members online