No communication?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rapid

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have a 2023 Chevrolet Equinox. Did a complete scan of all the modules on my car. There seems to be several U codes or communication codes between several modules on this car. I called the dealer to see if they thought I had a problem that needed to be looked at. The dealer basically said the modules on these newer cars stay awake after the car is shut off and it is normal to have communication codes. Has anyone on this forum come across this who can verify if this is normal or not? This car still has warranty and I would like to get this problem fixed if it truly is an issue. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

ricklack

Reaction score
I know when I shut mine off and am in or near the car for several minutes afterward, I hear all sorts of whirring and clicking things. I never worried about it, and it hasn't seemed to cause any issues, car is 2.5 years old now.

PoManNox

Reaction score
Is there a concern that prompted you to do a full code scan in the first place?

You have to consider there is a million RPO codes that have to be keyed in for GM products so the scanner knows what specific option combinations the vehicle has. Not doing this can show errors.

Any aftermarket electronics at all on the vehicle?

Rapid

Reaction score
There are a couple of little things with this car that I'm not sure if it is broken or not. In the automatic parking spot mode it seems to parallel park pretty well. When parking in a spot in a parking lot it will not park in a vacant spot unless there is a vehicle on both sides of the vacant spot. I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Also the radio will play music off of your phone. My wife has fob #1 and I have fob #2. When fob #1 is used to start the car the radio should play music off of her phone but for some reason it will play my podcasts from my phone. Here again I'm not sure but I don't think this is correct either. The only reason I did a full scan on this car was because I recently updated my Snap-on modis edge scanner. This scanner reads the vin number of this car so I don't think the rpo codes should be an issue causing the communication codes.

Attachments

• 20240809_211346.jpg
    20240809_211346.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240809_210052.jpg
    20240809_210052.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240809_211531.jpg
    20240809_211531.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240809_211617.jpg
    20240809_211617.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 4

Rapid

Reaction score
Also the fuel pump runs when opening the drivers car door to get into the vehicle. I read or heard somewhere that this is normal. Also there are no added aftermarket electronics added to this vehicle. Thanks.

Big Papi

Reaction score
Don't know enough about theory of operation on the parking issue but I'd assume if there were no car / object for the system to use to find location it wouldn't operate so empty space = no position reference point. seems normal.
Radio might not care about which fob as much as it cares about which phone is paired as the primary and which phone is paired as secondary. This is a manual selection if I'm not mistaken and not something that automatically defaults based on which fob is used. Once again an operation theory investigation (something the dealer is not going to pursue) would answer it.
The door / fuel pump is absolutely normal, a feature not a bug. Found on almost everything for years now.
I'd suggest signing up for an Alldata, Mitchell one or GM Support account to answer your questions on operation theory. Good Luck!

Members online

Latest posts