New Member - 2025 Equinox RS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhillyPhan23

Reaction score
Picked up my 2025 Equinox RS this week. It replaces my 16 Cruze as my "grown up" car. I also have a 67 Camaro, 72 El Camino, 95 S10 Pickup, and 97 Camaro Z28. I'm a retired engineer and spend a lot of time working on my "fun cars". I'm also taking trips from Ohio to back east about once a month to see my 86-year-old mother (92-year-old father passed earlier this year) and car for their estate. My Cruze was still getting about forty miles per gallon so I was hesitant to let it go, but hopefully my new car will make the drive nicer. Lots of neat bells and whistles on the Equinox but the engineer in me like that.

Lee

Reaction score
Lots of neat bells and whistles on the Equinox but the engineer in me like that.
Welcome to the site.
Does yours have the garage door opener?
I saw on another forum a member said it was omitted on his 2025. There was a $50 credit.

PhillyPhan23

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.
I saw on another forum a member said it was omitted on his 2025. There was a $50 credit.
No, I tried to order the remote, but my dealer said that it would delay delivery. I think I will mount my garage remote in the overhead flip-open glasses holder. I did get the $50 credit.

Reactions: Lee

ricklack

Reaction score
Go Phillies!

I get the traveling to see your Mom, sorry to hear about your Dad. I did the same in 2012/2103 from Canada to PA as I just felt the need. So happy I did as mom passed May 2013. Mom made it 90.

I love my 22 RS with all the tech, I believe you have even more goodies on the 25 - enjoy!

Lilly

Reaction score
No, I tried to order the remote, but my dealer said that it would delay delivery. I think I will mount my garage remote in the overhead flip-open glasses holder. I did get the $50 credit.
I just bought a 2025 RS and it does not have a garage door opener. I got a $50 credit and was told it would be included in a software update next year. Not sure if that is true or not.
Welcome to the site.
I saw on another forum a member said it was omitted on his 2025. There was a $50 cre

daltonmc

Reaction score
I purchased a 2024 RS in April. It does not have the garage door opener but could not get it for retro-fit. If the overhead console does not have the 3-buttons then a software update won't help. I ended up buying a battery replacement rear view mirror from Amazon with opener built in. Battery supposed to last 10 years.

Latest posts