New Car Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chip860

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a 2024 Equinox LS for my wife. It's been a long time since I made a new car purchase. I was wondering what would be considered a good deal for the car. Is anyone willing to divulge their negotiation techniques or purchase price?
Thanks.

Lee

Reaction score
Where do you live?
Will you buy from a large dealership or small?
Have you been using a dealer for service you like?

Chip860

Reaction score
I live in Culpeper, VA.
I haven't owned a Chevy in over 35 years (1976 pickup).

PoManNox

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a 2024 Equinox LS for my wife. It's been a long time since I made a new car purchase. I was wondering what would be considered a good deal for the car. Is anyone willing to divulge their negotiation techniques or purchase price?
Thanks.
A base model LS has an MSRP of $26600. Add AWD and some options and you are easily up over $30K. You'll be hard pressed to find a base model LS sitting on a lot.

In today's market, with incentives not being what they used to be, I'd think you'd be lucky to get ~$2K off of sticker/MSRP.

FWIW, two months back I paid $19500 for my used 2021 Equinox LT AWD w/ 34K miles on it. The sticker was ~$31K when it was new.

PoManNox

Reaction score
The "no payments for 90 days" incentive kills me.

Let's get further upside down! What a deal.

Lee

Reaction score
The "no payments for 90 days" incentive kills me.

Let's get further upside down! What a deal.
We always avoid the deferred payment deals because it costs you more over the life of the loan.
One time when we were buying 2 new BMW motorcycles, BMW had the offer they would make the first 5 payments.
Didn't trust the offer at first but after I did the math on the interest of the loan I could see they were making the payment on the principal and interest for 5 months.
Saved us $3000. Deals like that are rare.

Members online