Need help with several dash messages after wheel hub and bearing change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRB2001

Reaction score
So I just changed my front right wheel hub and bearing on my 2007 equinox. And immediately on first start after I finished all these messages popped up on my dashboard. 'All wheel drive off', 'traction control off', ' service traction control', 'stabilitrak off', 'service stabilitrak system'. And my 'abs' dash light illuminated also. I am guessing it has something to do with changing the wheel hub. Wondering if there is some sort of reset function because I disconnected the wheel sensor on the right side. Or maybe the new hub came with a bad wheel sensor already.
I'm hoping someone out there has some answers for me on how to fix these issues.

SRB2001

Reaction score
I removed the tire again and checked the electrical connector, could see any damage there. I checked all the electrical wiring that I had access to, also. Didn't immediately see any damage to the wires either.
I do have a second new wheel hub and bearing assembly because at some point I plan on replacing the opposite side. I was thinking of removing the tire again and just connecting that other new assembly in and seeing if I am still getting all the same dash messages. Do you think that would work?

Chuck_p

Reaction score
So I just changed my front right wheel hub and bearing on my 2007 equinox. And immediately on first start after I finished all these messages popped up on my dashboard. 'All wheel drive off', 'traction control off', ' service traction control', 'stabilitrak off', 'service stabilitrak system'. And my 'abs' dash light illuminated also. I am guessing it has something to do with changing the wheel hub. Wondering if there is some sort of reset function because I disconnected the wheel sensor on the right side. Or maybe the new hub came with a bad wheel sensor already.
I'm hoping someone out there has some answers for me on how to fix these issues.

Chuck_p

Reaction score
Good day all,

So, I have a similar situation with my 2011
One thing I learned was a Certified Technician with a “Scan Tool” is needed to properly scan the ECU.

After two technicians scanned the ECU it showed an issue with ECU hardware problems.

Tech a was a bit challenged in interpreting the scanner message.

Tech b on the other hand was able to determine that the “ Brake Control Module” was the culprit.

After removing the brake module we determined, visually, that the module had a short between terminals 41 and 42 requiring replacement.

We searched the net by the 8 digit number on the module and found the part is available thru many vendors.

Ordering part now.

Will update later.

Hope this helps
Chuck

Chuck_p

Reaction score
In your case a simple reset using the correct “Scan Tool” may be all you need.

Tech b uses a Snap On scan tool.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts