Loose trim piece on driver outside door handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedEq

Reaction score
This is for a 2024 Premier with the touch-to-unlock button on the outside driver's door handle. The handle works fine. To the rear of the moveable part of the handle, there is a cap/trim piece. The one on my driver door is loose at the rear edge. I've tried to push it into place, in hopes that it will snap in and stay put, but no luck. Is this piece supposed to snap in place? Is it held on by adhesive? Maybe there is a hidden fastener? If it's simple I'd rather fix it myself that take all the way to the dealer.

CocoaJeff

Reaction score
According to my manual (page 16), here is how you put it back on. If it still doesn't stay on, make sure none of the tabs or other parts of it are broken:

DoorLockCap.jpg

Last edited:

RedEq

Reaction score
Thanks, Jeff. I'm sorry my reply is a bit lake, we've been camped way out of cell phone range in the mountains near Walden CO (and having fun with a flat tire on the Silverado).

Anyway, yes, I missed that in the manual. I didn't think I needed to read about keys. But I still have an issue. The two "tabs" on mine are just tiny bumps that don't engage with anything. The forward edge does engage well enough that the trim piece won't fall off, but the back edge remains loose.

Lee

Reaction score
But I still have an issue. The two "tabs" on mine are just tiny bumps that don't engage with anything. The forward edge does engage well enough that the trim piece won't fall off, but the back edge remains loose.
When you return home I would ask to have it replaced under warranty.
If you get into Walden, the River Rock Cafe is a good place to eat.
1719879959742.jpeg

CocoaJeff

Reaction score
Lee... I agree. Since the car is still under warranty, I would just take it in and let the dealership take care of it.

And that looks like a VERY cool restaurant!

Members online