Help!! Did Brakes & Oil change Now no power???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Imperfectlyperfect

Reaction score
So I was going to do I thought a simple brake pad change on my 2014 2.4 Equinox Ls. Come to find out my rotors were shit! Then seen calipers weren’t the greatest. Being a single mom, I didn’t have $600 to fix my truck so it was jacked up for 3-4 days till I got a ride to junk yard yesterday. Scored big time! Found same year Nox with practically brand new brakes rotors and calipers! Snag! Came home sanded down the rotors, put everything together, gave her an oil change. Bled brakes, went to start and didn’t wanna start battery dead. Tried like 2-3 times ain’t gonna lie. Eventually Nothing! Son pulled his car up, we hooked jumper cables up, it acted like it was gonna start a couple times then Nothing! So I came inside put my jump pack on charge, ate and fell asleep! Got up today went to put jump pack on and initially that lil light saying green go tried to light up, then wouldn’t.?? So I took battery terminals off, cleaned them. Put back together, hooked jump pack back up. Same thing. Got in truck and the traction control light was on and that all the power I could witness. My battery is brand new. And never had a power issue as such. I’m very mechanically inclined. I don’t know what to do next. Bout to get my lil voltage tester and try to track down where the power stops if I can? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!!

Sincerely,
Trying Mom

PoManNox

Reaction score
Did the old rotors take a lot of beating to come loose from the hubs? I'm wondering if a ground, etc got knocked loose or was corroded and broke in the process.

Aside from that, I'd remove the battery cables, fully charge the battery and then load test it. Then hook it back up to the vehicle and crank test it with a digital battery tester.

Imperfectlyperfect

Reaction score
What do you think may have came loose or etc that would cause this. Like I said the only thing that come in my dash is the trac control light..

PoManNox

Reaction score
Traction control warning lights can come on as a result of other codes/problems, or it can get triggered after a brake job if rust bits get knocked loose and caught between the tone ring and the ABS sensor(s).

Tico007

Reaction score
Smashing the rotors to get them off can sometimes damage old hubs or the speed sensor which would result in traction control errors and limp mode. It’s good you didn’t try to relentlessly start because that can burn up the starter. Give it a rest. Leave it on a battery charger. Try to start it intermittently. And also after it’s been sitting, check the oil. Too high as bad as too low.

Latest posts