Front Licence Holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rooster

Reaction score
For 2011/2012 Equinox - Is the front licence plate holder screwed into the plastic bumper?
I do not need the front plate where I live and dont want the holes in the bumper if I remove the plate holder.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
If you take it off there will be holes left behind. I don't think it would be visible unless you were looking for the holes.

If its new I might check with the dealer to see if they might trade the bumper from a car on the lot that does not have a plate.

rooster

Reaction score
Ya i figured there would be holes.
I am looking for a new 2012. Maybe I can find one that a dealership hasnt attatched the plate holder yet.
It sure would be nice if the auto makers could all design a plate holder that you dont need to drill holes in the bumper. Not that difficult!!

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Our equinox came with the plate holder in the back of the car. It is actually sitting on the fridge in the garage and has been there ever since we got our Nox...

Do you own a Nox or are you looking to buy? If front plates are not a requirement there you should be able to find a Nox that does not have a plate mount in the bumper..

There are no holes on our bumper.

rooster

Reaction score
I am looking at buying in the western US. MT UT WA OR.
They all require front plates and I believe as soon as the vehicles arrive at the dealerships the plate mounting brackets are installed as part of dealer prep.
Exporting vehicle to Alberta Canada where no front plate is required, nor in AZ at our winter home.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I am looking at buying in the western US. MT UT WA OR.
They all require front plates and I believe as soon as the vehicles arrive at the dealerships the plate mounting brackets are installed as part of dealer prep.
Exporting vehicle to Alberta Canada where no front plate is required, nor in AZ at our winter home.

Is there a benefit to buying in the us versus Canada?

rooster

Reaction score
The price difference is about $5500 on a 2012 LTZ AWD with sunroof. It would cost about $750-1000 to fly down to US drive it back and import to Canada. Did this 4 years ago with our Honda Odyssey, which saved us about $10,000 then.
Canadian prices are slowly getting better.
One thing that p*sses me off is that the freight charge in the USA is $810 and here in Canada it is $1495.
The Equinox is built here in Canada and they want $685 more to ship within Canada:flipthebird:

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
It is and they stick it to you up there.
A friend I have that lives in Canada wants a lizzard and the cost to get it across the border is like $350.
That's just crazy.

Members online

No members online now.