Display Screen Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jagcbs22

Reaction score
Looking to see if I can change out my 7 inch screen for a 8 inch screen on my 2022 Equinox LT

bagbyjw

Reaction score
Looking to see if I can change out my 7 inch screen for a 8 inch screen on my 2022 Equinox LT
I'm not a car installation expert by any means but you have a 7 inch screen, when removed that's approximately a 7 inch hole. You would need to cut something to fit a 8 inch screen I would think

jagcbs22

Reaction score
I'm not a car installation expert by any means but you have a 7 inch screen, when removed that's approximately a 7 inch hole. You would need to cut something to fit a 8 inch screen I would think
No I don’t the 7 inch has a frame around it the 8 inch would fit perfectly I have had 5 of these obviously you don’t know anything about them

jagcbs22

Reaction score
As I stated "I'm not a car installation expert by any means" no need to be dis-respectful. You'll not hear another word
That is good because you are giving answers you know nothing about

jagcbs22

Reaction score
If you came on here seeking help with a question I doubt you’ll get it by belittling someone that took the time to respond to you.
I am looking for help not some to tell me or other people that they do not know anything those people are wasting our time unless they are looking like me , but I guess that is ok with you

jagcbs22

Reaction score
I am looking for help not some to tell me or other people that they do not know anything those people are wasting our time unless they are looking like me , but I guess that is ok with you
Plus this guy is telling me to cut a hole in my dash

joefish731

Reaction score
Is the 1 inch difference in screen size really an upgrade?? If your going to upgrade install a 10" or 12" screen. Now that's an upgrade!!

jagcbs22

Reaction score
I have had a 8 inch in another equinox I had and it looks much better and clearer

ricklack

Reaction score
The 8" screen supports Nav among other things. I would think you need to see if the connectors are different before going any further. Perhaps the dealer parts guy would know, or maybe a junkyard.

jagcbs22

Reaction score
The 8" screen supports Nav among other things. I would think you need to see if the connectors are different before going any further. Perhaps the dealer parts guy would know, or maybe a junkyard.
I believe the connectors are different I worked for GM for 25 plus years but me and my buddy that still works for a dealer tried looking and can’t determine what connector I would need. I know that the display is the only thing that needs replaced it the module

jagcbs22

Reaction score
I believe the connectors are different I worked for GM for 25 plus years but me and my buddy that still works for a dealer tried looking and can’t determine what connector I would need. I know that the display is the only thing that needs replaced it the module
Not the module

ricklack

Reaction score
It may come down to having to take one apart in a junkyard

Members online

No members online now.