2022 Equinox Display screen freezes up and doesn’t do anything when touched

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hondohop

Reaction score
My display screen comes on when I turn the car on. It connects to my CarPlay. You can change radio channels, receive and answer phone calls and text by using the touch screen. There is no consistency to when this happens but at some point while driving the touch screen is still displayed but anything you touch on the screen doesn’t work. I can still get text and phone calls and I can talk on phone calls but I have to use the actual iPhone to answer the phone because it’s he screen won’t work by touch and I have to control my everything with my actual I-phone because what ever you touch on the screen doesn’t work. I have reset the display screen. I have disconnected and repaired my iPhone several times. Dealership did an update but my problem still persist. Has anyone experienced this? Any advice.

otis

Reaction score
My display screen comes on when I turn the car on. It connects to my CarPlay. You can change radio channels, receive and answer phone calls and text by using the touch screen. There is no consistency to when this happens but at some point while driving the touch screen is still displayed but anything you touch on the screen doesn’t work. I can still get text and phone calls and I can talk on phone calls but I have to use the actual iPhone to answer the phone because it’s he screen won’t work by touch and I have to control my everything with my actual I-phone because what ever you touch on the screen doesn’t work. I have reset the display screen. I have disconnected and repaired my iPhone several times. Dealership did an update but my problem still persist. Has anyone experienced this? Any advice.
Should still be under warranty!

RadioHead

Reaction score
I hope I can help a bit, I had a similar problem with my radio. It's a little different but you may get some help from GM.

Did you buy the 2022 car new from a dealer in 2022 or used certified?

Did it do this from the start or only recently?

Did your car or phone download a specific update about the time it started freezing?

I'm not sure if you tried not connecting your phone and see what happens. Does the screen freeze regardless if your phone is on CarPlay or bluetoothed in to the infotainment center? If not it could be a compatibility issue.

If you're under warranty you may want to take it back again to the dealer and tell them about all this.

If it continues, try opening a case with GM. They are very helpful. Although they did not approve a new car for us, their agent was excellent and treated us well and followed up. Kudos to them for that.

Also look into the Lemon Law in your state and see if you qualify and you're within your rights, etc. I started going this route, as we had issues just after driving from the dealer lot. We were going for our last time to the dealer before filing a Lemon Law claim, but they resolved it on that service. And if you do choose the LL path, be sure to keep excellent documentation.

On my issue, my local GM dealer finally got me a refurbished Chevrolet Colorado radio and installed it. Their electrical Tech evidently knew his stuff and helped us. That solved my issue completely.

I hope your issue is resolved quickly and painlessly.

Good luck keep us posted.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts