2021 LT radio volume

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh from ok

Reaction score
Whenever I start my car the radio is about 3/4 of the way to max. Very loud. I can't seem to get it any lower. It doesn't remember previous volume. Any way to fix this? Seems such a glaringly obvious oversight for a mid range top 3 vehicle. Is there any way to set the start volume or even make the radio not turn on when starting the car.

Last edited:

Moonwink

Reaction score
I fumbled through the settings on my 2015 Malibu and found a setting for the maximum volume at start up. It's supposed to reduce the volume if I have it at a high volume when I get back in.

Josh from ok

Reaction score
I fumbled through the settings on my 2015 Malibu and found a setting for the maximum volume at start up. It's supposed to reduce the volume if I have it at a high volume when I get back in.
Yes i have found that but it doesn't save. As soon as you turn off the car it's gone. When i start up again the radio is blasting and the slider is back in the almost full position.

ricklack

Reaction score
Have you tried resetting all settings back to factory? If that fails, perhaps a software update could get things back to normal?

Members online

Latest posts