2020 Equinox LT - Intermittent No Throttle Response with A/C On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ohio_Farmer

Reaction score
My Daughter's 2020 Equinox has run perfectly for four years, 25K miles. Early this summer, she reported a problem where while the A/C was on, she had no throttle response. I am not talking about sluggish or turbo lag. I mean it was like the pedal was disconnected. After a minute or so, throttle response would return. She never had the problem (that she recalls) with the A/C off.

We have had it at our Chevy dealer for three week and the tech, who is among the best I've ever seen, has been able to duplicate it a few times. He opened a ticket with GM engineering who have been giving him things to try and readings to take. So far, nothing has worked. Even trusty YouTube has no one posting anything about it.

The tech replaced the vacuum pump as it was noisy and checked a sensor that prevents you from accelerating with the brake pedal on. It was in specs and working.

My Wife has a 2021 Equinox but only with 4000 miles. Zero problems, knock on wood.

Has anyone heard of or experienced this?

Members online

Latest posts