2018 premier question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frog1278

Reaction score
Hi guys!!
First post and new to the forum. Had an issue with someone wanting to occupy the same space as me today. Question is, if I find another 2018 (mines a premier 1.6) same year but lesser trim. Is it hard to swap out the infotainment stuff, ie radio?

PoManNox

Reaction score
There may be other modules, wiring and programming required to swap the info/entertainment from a Premier to an LS or LT model. I'm sure it's possible, but at what cost.

Frog1278

Reaction score
There may be other modules, wiring and programming required to swap the info/entertainment from a Premier to an LS or LT model. I'm sure it's possible, but at what cost.
PoManNox, thanks for the response. That’s the way I’m leaning too also now. Just like the heated seats and other things you get in higher trim models. In the end, she was a good little oil burner. Till some halfwit cut between two lanes of opposite going traffic…. Just to get what was so important from the cvs drugstore.

Attachments

• IMG_1434.jpeg
    IMG_1434.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1433.jpeg
    IMG_1433.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 12

PoManNox

Reaction score
Oh man that sucks!! Hopefully it doesn't effect your insurance. Are you going to get another Equinox? I know when I got my 2021 LT AWD model a few weeks ago, I was looking for basic LS AWD models, but wound up finding a deal on the LT I got. It's got heated power seats, lane keep assist, remote start, etc. Stuff I really don't want/need. FWIW, I paid $19500 for it with 34K miles on it.

Frog1278

Reaction score
Yeah, it’s bound to raise it somehow. Yes, I grabbed another 2018 premier today for 15k, it has 89k on the clock my last one had 111k. I’m stuck on getting a 18/19 diesel. Already have a spare egr system to keep my emissions in the good. But with the way I drive it, it’s been pretty much flawless since the beginning. 45 minute highway commute each way might have something to do with that. The new one has a few more bells, heated wheel, back seats too. Sunroof also, so I’m sure my girls will get a kick out of it.

PoManNox

Reaction score
Was your first 2018 a diesel also? I live ~20 miles outside of Buffalo in ski country and have an ~80 mile round trip work commute. I've been super impressed with the fuel economy with my 2021 with the 1.5T gas engine. I see you're in central NY. Did you ever visit South Main Auto in Avoca NY? Eric O would be the guy to swap info/entertainment like you suggested in your original post. His youtube channel has been my #1 watch for years. That guy is amazing.

Frog1278

Reaction score
Yeah, she was a diesel too. Round tripping from Farmington to Greece every day, does rack up the clock. My better half has our high score for mpg’s she averaged 52.4 on chevy’s lie-o-meter, mileage calculator. Still better than her tank. She drives a 15 equinox, but hers is all wheel drive, all the time. No I’ve never heard of him, I’ll have to check him out on of these night shifts I’m board at work.

PoManNox

Reaction score
That is awesome MPG. I've been getting a hand-calc'd 31-32mpg average tank/tank with my 2021. Like a big dummy, I've been commuting with pickup trucks for years, getting 18-21 at best, so the 30s is a big jump for me.

The nice thing about the 2018+ AWD system is there is an axle disconnect on the transfer case and a clutch on the input of the rear diff, so essentially, much of it is disengaged when the AWD system is off. I hear ya on the night shifts. I've been doing swing shift for 27yrs.

Members online

No members online now.