2018 Inner door trim removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chasfm11

Reaction score
Hi. I'm brand new to this forum (today) and have been the owner of a 2018 Equinox LT since the end of January, 2019

I need to take the lower trim off of the inner driver's door kick area to route an air hose from under the dash to under the driver's seat. I can find lots of videos on how to take the door panel apart but nothing on how to remove that piece of trim.

I tried prying up after pulling back the outer rubber seal along the outside of the frame but nothing released. I figured that there might be body clips but felt like I was already applying enough pressure to break the plastic - not something I want to do.

Hints? Suggestions?

Thanks

Chas

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hi. I'm brand new to this forum (today) and have been the owner of a 2018 Equinox LT since the end of January, 2019

I need to take the lower trim off of the inner driver's door kick area to route an air hose from under the dash to under the driver's seat. I can find lots of videos on how to take the door panel apart but nothing on how to remove that piece of trim.

I tried prying up after pulling back the outer rubber seal along the outside of the frame but nothing released. I figured that there might be body clips but felt like I was already applying enough pressure to break the plastic - not something I want to do.

Hints? Suggestions?

Thanks

Chas

Why are you adding a air hose?