2018 Chevy Equinox: Transmission Flush 'N Fill/All Wipers & Filters Replaced: Expensive!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charvel1975

Reaction score
Hello all, so this past Saturday took my 2018 Chevy Equinox to the dealer and had service coupons and had the Transmission Flush 'N Fill, front & rear wiper blades replaced and engine & cabin air filters replaced and with the coupons saved $55 but out the door was over $500, YIKES!!

PoManNox

Reaction score
Good on you for getting the transmission fluid refreshed, but one stop at walmart, maybe $75 tops and an hour of your DIY time could have done all of that. As much as I don't always enjoy doing all my own maintenance anymore, this just reaffirms that I cannot afford to pay a shop to do most of it given all the cars I own/maintain these days.

bearbait

Reaction score
I also maintain my vehicles. Stealerships are too expensive and sometimes you don't get what you should.

PoManNox

Reaction score
I also maintain my vehicles. Stealerships are too expensive and sometimes you don't get what you should.
I hear ya. You can almost understand why people lease vehicles and include dealer maintenance packages into their monthly payments. I'm too cheap. I buy used and do what ever maintenance I can do myself. I prefer spending ~$25 on Walmart supertech oil and filter and changing it myself vs spending $75 at a dealer, using what ever bulk oil they use.

wootler

Reaction score
I stopped going to the dealer for any service years ago. It was always MUCH more expensive there, and I got tired of constantly declining "additional (expensive) services" that are not part of the normal or recommended services. They make these extra services sound like factory recommended items, but when I would ask if this was warranty related, the answer was always ... "no".

SYDNESB

Reaction score
Hello all, so this past Saturday took my 2018 Chevy Equinox to the dealer and had service coupons and had the Transmission Flush 'N Fill, front & rear wiper blades replaced and engine & cabin air filters replaced and with the coupons saved $55 but out the door was over $500, YIKES!!
Did you ask about costs ahead of time? You could have negotiated wipers and filter into the transmission service. Did they do a full fluid exchange, takes 10 -12 qts or did they just put some cleaner, ran it a few minutes, and drained the pan of four quarts. The later takes 20 minutes or so.

NOX4ME

Reaction score
No need for a flush of the transmission fluid. Could cause damage rather than prevent damage. A simple drain and fill with good quality transmission fluid is more than sufficient.

Members online

No members online now.