2018 1.5 Equinox bad Turbo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam2coo!

Reaction score
So engine replacement last year from a donor vehicle because mine got flooded the engine is a 1.5 turbo had 38,000 original miles at the time when installed in my vehicle a year later the turbo is leaking and getting codes PO420 and po 299 sometimes when driving engine bogs down and it sounds like air is escaping under the hood when driving my question is can I put a turbo from a 2.0 engine on my 1.5 really would like to have more power out of the vehicle

otis

Reaction score
Don't buy without extended warrenty > Just look at the lists keep getting more and more problems with the chevys.
Its just a fraction of whats really happening as most take to get fixed and keep paying. Premier chevy dealers are the worst to.

Sam2coo!

Reaction score
Yes wasn't the turbo just a code I ended up having to replace catalytic converter and the ( 2nd time transmission ) wife's car she got a print out from autozone the bad turbo I have always been a chevy guy but this car testing my choices in the future 1st trans went out around 106k 2nd trans went around 160k

otis

Reaction score
Yes wasn't the turbo just a code I ended up having to replace catalytic converter and the ( 2nd time transmission ) wife's car she got a print out from autozone the bad turbo I have always been a chevy guy but this car testing my choices in the future 1st trans went out around 106k 2nd trans went around 160k
Bummer! ues know w hat you mean, as all my life too.
The service from GM is awful as well.
Premier chevy dealership across the country is Bad as well.

Sam2coo!

Reaction score
Yea the dealership I got the car from is honest and good but I won't get another equinox or any underpowered 4cy gm wish they would have put v6's in these

otis

Reaction score
Yea the dealership I got the car from is honest and good but I won't get another equinox or any underpowered 4cy gm wish they would have put v6's in these
Lucky you have a good dealership.
Its not just the Equinex. chevy Trax, Cruiz, Bucik encore, and many more.. all the new ones are bad too. Need to fix lots of issues and they don't. The turbos have a special warranty, that's about all they have done so far.

PoManNox

Reaction score
This thread is suspect to me..

Title says "2018 Equinox 1.5 bad turbo" but it wasn't a bad turbo and the engine had already been swapped in this 2018 Equinox and we're bashing GM products in general?

I'm no GM fan boy myself, I like certain models, but lets post the right information.

Sam2coo!

Reaction score
Lucky you have a good dealership.
Its not just the Equinex. chevy Trax, Cruiz, Bucik encore, and many more.. all the new ones are bad too. Need to fix lots of issues and they don't. The turbos have a special warranty, that's about all they have done so far.
Yea crazy the new ev equinox is gonna be 50k
Not that I would want a electric car

Bronzebox

Reaction score
Yea crazy the new ev equinox is gonna be 50k
Not that I would want a electric car
Looks like a fully loaded Equinox EV will be around $50000 or a bit higher. Base price is supposed to be around $35000.

Sam2coo!

Reaction score
This thread is suspect to me..

Title says "2018 Equinox 1.5 bad turbo" but it wasn't a bad turbo and the engine had already been swapped in this 2018 Equinox and we're bashing GM products in general?

I'm no GM fan boy myself, I like certain models, but lets post the right information.
So what suspect about you have read what I posted or could kept scrolling

Members online

No members online now.