2017 Terrain 2.4 ecotec, new timing chain, still p0016, p0011, p228d, fuel codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

51r

Reaction score
hello, great forum, I'm having trouble with a 2017 Terrain, runs fine on startup after a few miles, CEL codes show up.
Thought it was a timing chain, when I opened things up, I noticed the timing chain had not stretched and timing marks were right on point. But replaced anyway to be safe.

Started the car, runs okay, but throws the code. Pulled valve cover back off. timing is still on point, I count 16 outer links between marks when engine at TDC, nothing has jumped. (exhaust at 10 o'clock and intake at 2 o'clock)

I can't figure this out, the reluctor wheel is right where its suppose to be but thats only from pictures. And this thread. https://www.chevyequinoxforum.com/threads/yet-another-p0017-issue-sorry.3752/page-2

P0016 is definitely intake side, so I must have the timing off? But if I move one tooth back, the link count won't be the same. I recently did a Malibu timing with same engine, and the car has been running no CEL's. But that was a clear timing stretch and no start condition. This Terrain runs okay, but still think it’s timing due to all the fuel pressure codes.

Idea's? I'm thinking of changing the cam sensor on the intake side. But should I change the intake camshaft? Since I have p0011, p228d.

Last edited:

51r

Reaction score
Bump for anyone that has any insights.

I plan to change the VvT and cam sensor on intake to AC delco brand instead of the Cloyes timing chain kit

Latest posts