2017 Equinox Stabilitrak, Out of AWD, and Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEUI Lewis

Reaction score
Hello All! New to the Equinox Forum. I do all of my own vehicle work, but mostly focus on Powerstroke Diesel engines.

I picked up our Equinox in the spring and so far it has been great, even despite a recent issue. While we were on a ten hour trip, the car threw an ABS light and displayed a "Service Stabilitrak" message.

When we got home, I pulled codes and got a code for the driver's side front wheel speed sensor, which might mean it's time to do hubs.

Does this sound like the seemingly common tone ring failure I've read about? If so, should I go ahead and do both front hubs?

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Hello All! New to the Equinox Forum. I do all of my own vehicle work, but mostly focus on Powerstroke Diesel engines.

I picked up our Equinox in the spring and so far it has been great, even despite a recent issue. While we were on a ten hour trip, the car threw an ABS light and displayed a "Service Stabilitrak" message.

When we got home, I pulled codes and got a code for the driver's side front wheel speed sensor, which might mean it's time to do hubs.

Does this sound like the seemingly common tone ring failure I've read about? If so, should I go ahead and do both front hubs?
Big fan of your music. Could be the sensor. Or maybe the wires leading to the sensor. I would give it a good visual inspection before ordering parts.

Tico007

Reaction score

Wheel bearings/hubs don’t last forever so it’s just probably a failure. It got loose hit a pothole somewhere something. Timken or SKF our top-of-the-line. I’ve had good luck with Detroit axle wheel bearings on a budget. You don’t have to replace as a pair.

Members online

Latest posts