2012 equinox VVT solenoid no voltage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95taco

Reaction score
Hi All, new member, my wife has a 2012 equinox with the 2.4L, non flex fuel, with about 135K miles, We have put a new head and timing system in it last year, it's a secondary vehicle so it's not driven much and recently while running errands it wouldn't re-start after shut off. it will start and run for 3-5 seconds and then sputter out, it also runs pretty rough when it does run, however every now and then when you start it it will run smooth and fine, if shut off it will only start and run for a few seconds and then shut off.
No Codes, fuel pressure is good on the high and low sides, however I checked the voltage to the VVT solenoids and with Key On Engine off the voltage on the intake solenoid is 0.8V and the exhaust solenoid is 0.0V.
The solenoids ohm out good and test good on the bench, however when installed they do not cycle with KOEO, I did swap the intake solenoid just to verify and the new solenoid behaves same as the old solenoid.

Is the wiring harness prone to failure or should I be looking at the ECU? I have pin numbers for the ECU plug but my resource doesn't tell me which connector into the ECU it is so I haven't been able to check the beginning of the harness to see if i'm losing my voltage in the harness or if the ECU isn't outputting a proper 5V signal.

Any assistance would be appreciated,

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.