2007 chevy equinox Transmission slippage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WulowkaT

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 07 equinox, it's up there, 364km. I do lots of driving, have just had a fluid flush about 4k ago, before that and now it's been slipping, but finds a gear before it winds up too much, it does not like between 1600 to 2000 rpm. There is no chance I will be getting a rebuilt or different transmission for this cause of its age and extreme difficulties in getting to it and getting it re and re'd the cost involved, but it's never given me trouble, the one option I am wanting to pursue and why I'm posting is the transmission is the tcm, could this be the problem, and if it's external is it worth a shot to replace it? This could be an affordable gamble and where is this located? Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Is the CEL on? Do you have any codes? It is external, but usually would set a code. You could have it scanned at most auto parts stores. Are you sure the correct fluid was added?

WulowkaT

Reaction score
Yes it is and the right fluid was added at a transmission specialtshop

Members online

No members online now.