'09 Equinox - Stabilitrak/Traction/ABS lights with codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fitzy0921

Reaction score
Hey, so our 2009 Equinox LS is telling us "Service Stabilitrak" w/ the light, "Service Traction Control" and the ABS light is on. I know (from reading lots of threads) that there's a lot of issues with wheel speed sensors with GMCs and Chevys. But when I used the code reader I am getting the following codes:
  • CO899-00 (control module power circuit)
  • C0040-00 (right front wheel speed sensor circuit)
  • C0050-00 (right read wheel speed sensor circuit)
I recently had a significant back injury, and with that comes financial issues. So I'm trying to figure out where we should start first to save money without having to "start with the easiest and cheapest and work your way up" method. Haha.

Any advice? What would make the most sense to start with? And could the repairs be possible WITHOUT a lift?

Thanks in advance :)

cavell

Reaction score
I have same issues. My code was for rt frt sensor so I changed wheel bearing and code came back in 2 days. I changed wire from sensor to inside fender liner as it does flex a lot. No help. I can go 1 week and no codes and then they come back. Might not return for 2-3 weeks. I basically ignore it.

Latest posts