Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Equinox, Terrain & SRX Knowledge Center > Detailing Tips and Tricks

Detailing Tips and Tricks

Equinox, Terrain, and SRX Leather care?


This is a discussion on Equinox, Terrain, and SRX Leather care? within the Detailing Tips and Tricks forums, part of the Equinox, Terrain & SRX Knowledge Center category!
What do you guys do to care for your leather. Lets talk about cleaning products and protectants... Currently I am ...



Like Tree1Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Admin
 
dietz4ibanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Carolina
Age: 31
Posts: 4,399
Rep Power: 10
dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road
Default Equinox, Terrain, and SRX Leather care?

What do you guys do to care for your leather. Lets talk about cleaning products and protectants...

Currently I am concerned about the sun.. Thinking about one of those visors for the front windshield and tinting the front windows.
dietz4ibanez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
The Crow 1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 38
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
The Crow 1994 is on a distinguished road
Default

For leather care on our 'Nox, I use Meguire's Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes. For the dash and the other plastic mouldings, I use Meguire's Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant spray. I've had good results so far with both products.
The Crow 1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Admin
 
dietz4ibanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Carolina
Age: 31
Posts: 4,399
Rep Power: 10
dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by The Crow 1994 View Post
For leather care on our 'Nox, I use Meguire's Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes. For the dash and the other plastic mouldings, I use Meguire's Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant spray. I've had good results so far with both products.
Thanks for the tips. I have had a lot of good results from just about anything that Meguire's makes... I love the Tire shine in the spray can!


BTW Welcome to the site! Post up an introduction forum and tell us about yourself with some photos!
dietz4ibanez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Arizona
Age: 38
Posts: 272
Rep Power: 10
Shaggy has disabled reputation
Default

Welcome Crow! Post up an intro post and some pics of your nox.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Admin
 
dietz4ibanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Carolina
Age: 31
Posts: 4,399
Rep Power: 10
dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road
Default

I think you scared him away!
dietz4ibanez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
The Crow 1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 38
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
The Crow 1994 is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by dietz4ibanez View Post
I think you scared him away!
Nah! I'm still here. LOL.

I've yet to give the Meguiar's tire shine in the spray can a try. I probably will at some point. Right now, I'm using the Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner, since I have the stock 17" wheels. And, for the tires, I'm using the Hot Shine Tire Spray. The Hot Shine spray lasts a fairly long time.
The Crow 1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Admin
 
dietz4ibanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Carolina
Age: 31
Posts: 4,399
Rep Power: 10
dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by The Crow 1994 View Post
Nah! I'm still here. LOL.

I've yet to give the Meguiar's tire shine in the spray can a try. I probably will at some point. Right now, I'm using the Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner, since I have the stock 17" wheels. And, for the tires, I'm using the Hot Shine Tire Spray. The Hot Shine spray lasts a fairly long time.
Yeah I like it.. Its always worth a try.

Do you keep a visor in your windshield when its parked outside for the day?
dietz4ibanez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
The Crow 1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 38
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
The Crow 1994 is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by dietz4ibanez View Post
Yeah I like it.. Its always worth a try.

Do you keep a visor in your windshield when its parked outside for the day?

No. I don't. Actually, my wife drives the 'Nox more than me and she has a parking garage at her work. So, unless we are at the grocery store, or the mall, it's hardly ever outside. I do think getting the two front side windows is a good idea. We might do that next spring.
The Crow 1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Admin
 
dietz4ibanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Carolina
Age: 31
Posts: 4,399
Rep Power: 10
dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by The Crow 1994 View Post
No. I don't. Actually, my wife drives the 'Nox more than me and she has a parking garage at her work. So, unless we are at the grocery store, or the mall, it's hardly ever outside. I do think getting the two front side windows is a good idea. We might do that next spring.
Did you mean tinting the front windows? I need to get the windows on my Equinox tinted as well. Just the front 2.

I hardly ever drive our nox. Its the wifey's ride.
dietz4ibanez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
The Crow 1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 38
Posts: 8
Rep Power: 0
The Crow 1994 is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by dietz4ibanez View Post
Did you mean tinting the front windows? I need to get the windows on my Equinox tinted as well. Just the front 2.

I hardly ever drive our nox. Its the wifey's ride.
Yeah. That's what I meant. I think it might give our 'Nox a nice look, while being functional at the same time.
The Crow 1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
2010BlkGraniteNox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Viera, FL
Posts: 398
Rep Power: 5
2010BlkGraniteNox is on a distinguished road
Default

I guess I'm the only one that has the Nox as "his" car...no wifey to take it from me. Its a sea doo mull, only reason I purchased it. I still wish I would've waited to find a nice Trailblazer SS, but that was too much of a pain, and I wasnt really impressed with the interior. The nox won me with its interior...lacks performance though (tune helps some )
__________________
2010 Black Granite Equnox 2LT
HFV6/Jet Leather/Tow/Cargo/PwrLift *retired..great setup!*
2010 Silvermist Equinox 1LT *retired 27mpg avg*

2012 Silver Imapala LT 3.6 VVT SIDI 304HP (work car)
2012 Audi A3 Sportback Premium Plus TDI (current)
2010BlkGraniteNox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
Admin
 
dietz4ibanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Carolina
Age: 31
Posts: 4,399
Rep Power: 10
dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by The Crow 1994 View Post
Yeah. That's what I meant. I think it might give our 'Nox a nice look, while being functional at the same time.
Yeah, I think it will help it stay a little more cooler with less light emissions getting in..

Originally Posted by 2010BlkGraniteNox View Post
I guess I'm the only one that has the Nox as "his" car...no wifey to take it from me. Its a sea doo mull, only reason I purchased it. I still wish I would've waited to find a nice Trailblazer SS, but that was too much of a pain, and I wasnt really impressed with the interior. The nox won me with its interior...lacks performance though (tune helps some )
I have a friend that got a Nox as his graduation present... yeah I know, what a lucky one.

Look at it this way... Its sure easier to mod a vehicle you drive over when that the wife drives.
dietz4ibanez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 0
Ian6 is on a distinguished road
Default

Im new to the forum and I came across this thread, you guys should check out adams car care [adamspolishes.com] they sell the best detailing products on the market IMO, their leather conditioner is the best! it contains spf 65 if I remember correctly. and with window tinting make sure the shop that does yours uses llumar or 3m high end tint, the cheaper tint does next to nothing for keeping the heat and uv rays out. If I were you I would have the factory smoked glass on the rear sides and the back window tinted with 35% as well so you get the heat and uv protection all the way around. It makes a huge difference
Ian6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Admin
 
dietz4ibanez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Carolina
Age: 31
Posts: 4,399
Rep Power: 10
dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road
Default

Are you a vendor or do you just buy there stuff??

Welcome to the site! Post up some photos of your rides even if it's Not a Nox!
dietz4ibanez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rbiggers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Midland, Texas
Posts: 518
Rep Power: 4
rbiggers is on a distinguished road
Default

I've only used Meguiar's products the last few years and have had nothing but excellent results from it! I've heard really great things about Adam's as well, but have never tried it myself.
12nox likes this.
__________________
2012 Chevy Traverse

2011 Chevy Silverado LT 4X4 CC 6.2L - Sheer Silver Metallic
rbiggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On